1. In a bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt. Add shortening until the mixture is all crumbly.
2. Add the cold water into the mixture and mix with your hands until you can form the dough into a ball. Chill in fridge for at least an hour. This makes the dough easier to work with.
3. Roll out the dough and cut into squares or circles. You should get four individual tarts out of the dough.
4. In a bowl, mix the thawed cherries with the sugar and spoon the filling into the center of your dough shapes.
5. Fold the edges over the cherries—don’t worry if the dough doesn’t entirely cover them.
6. Brush the crust with a beaten egg and bake for 30 minutes. This will create a golden-brown crust.
Serve with a dusting of Woodstock Organic Powered Sugar and enjoy!