Lemon Dutch Baby with Strawberry Syrup
- One 32oz package WoodstockⓇ Organic Frozen Strawberries
- 1½ cups plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a medium saucepan combine strawberries and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer, uncovered, until strawberries look pale, about 20 minutes. Strain strawberry liquid into another pot without pressing on berries. Add 1½ cups sugar and bring to a boil. Boil 20-25 minutes or until syrup is the consistency of maple syrup.
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Place a 10” cast iron skillet inside to preheat with the oven.
- In a large bowl whisk to combine flour, milk, eggs, remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, lemon zest, vanilla, and salt.
- Add butter to hot skillet and swirl to melt and coat skillet. Pour batter all at once into skillet, place in oven, and bake 15-20 minutes or until very puffy and golden.
- While Dutch baby bakes, in a large bowl beat heavy cream until softly whipped.
- Serve Dutch baby topped with whipped cream and strawberry syrup.