Raspberry Pomegranate Tart
- ½ cup WOODSTOCK Organic Almonds, finely chopped/ground
- 1 ½ cup WOODSTOCK Organic Instant Oats
- 4 WOODSTOCK Organic Medjool Dates, pitted and quartered
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 10 oz WOODSTOCK Organic Frozen Raspberries
- 1 cup WOODSTOCK Organic Frozen Pomegranate
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Add almonds to a food processor and pulse until they form a fine mixture. Add all other crust ingredients to the processor and pulse until the mixture comes together.
- Press the crust into a 9” tart pan with a removable bottom. Refrigerate or freeze while you make the filling.
- Add the raspberries, pomegranate, lemon juice and zest to a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until the mixture comes to a simmer, gently mashing the berries.
- Transfer to a blender and blend for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into a bowl through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds and zest. Get as much juice out as possible.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until melted. Whisk in the sugar, eggs, cornstarch and raspberry/pomegranate puree until completely smooth.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened (about 12-13 minutes). If the heat is too high, it will cook the eggs.
- Pour the curd into the tart crust, then return to fridge until set (about 4 hours). Garnish with fresh berries and mint. Store in refrigerator.